Skilled nursing care
Skilled nursing care provides custodial and skilled nursing care 24/7. Skilled Nursing Care offer services ranging from short-term rehabilitative care to long term comprehensive care. Services can be grouped into these general care categories:
- Medical care includes working with physicians to oversee medications, examinations and treatments.
- Nursing care includes assessment, treatments, injections, and administration of medications.
- Rehabilitative care services might include post-hospital stroke, heart or orthopedic care, or various types of therapy, e.g. respiratory, physical, occupational or speech therapy. Read more about our Rehabilitative Services.
- Personal care offers assistance with “activities of daily living.” These daily tasks can include help getting out of bed, bathing, using the toilet, dressing, walking or eating.
For patients requiring an extended placement, we honor the opportunity to help residents and families create a home for their loved one at our facility. Our restorative team works closely with the rehabilitation department to design individual programs for walking, strengthening, range of motion, pain management, and group exercises. Our long-term care program offers specialized nursing care, diverse recreational activities and supportive social services catered to the resident’s individual needs. In addition, our physician will oversee your loved one’s medical care along with our interdisciplinary team of licensed professionals.
We encourage family to become involved with us in creating a living space that has familiar items from home. Whatever your needs, we are here to help. For some residents, we are able to restore them to a level of function, which enables them to return home. For those who cannot return home, we are committed to providing a warm and caring home and feel honored they chose to make our facility their home.
Skilled nursing care facilities, commonly referred to as “nursing homes,” are licensed health care facilities that are inspected and regulated by the State Department of Health.
Contact us to learn more about skilled nursing care
Rehabilitation services PT/OT/ST/RT
Rehabilitation services are specialized health care therapies dedicated to improving, maintaining or restoring physical strength, cognition, and mobility. These services are always delivered by a diverse team of experts and play a critical role in healing, repair and recovery in a wide range of injuries, illnesses and conditions. Rehabilitation helps people gain greater independence. We offer rehab services on a short term, long term or outpatient basis.
- Short Term Rehab: Designed for the patient who has been discharged from the hospital but isn’t quite ready to return home. These services help patients regain health and return to a normal routine. Our short term rehab program is customized for each patient and includes a full range of rehabilitative therapies in an intense, accelerated schedule with two or more therapy sessions each day.
- Long Term Rehab: Focused on helping to restore abilities in patients with more complex needs. These services help patients practice and relearn important skills such as walking, range of motion and overall strengthening. Our long term rehab program is customized to allow each patient to progress at his or her own pace and includes a full range of rehabilitative and restorative therapies.
- Outpatient Rehab: Works with patients who are able to live at home but whose daily activities are hindered by physical limitation or pain. Participants in our outpatient program come to our facility for therapy sessions daily or as prescribed in their therapy plan where they benefit from a customized combination of physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
Our rehabilitation therapy plans are tailored to the unique needs of each individual and may include:
Physical Therapy (PT)
Physical therapy works to relieve pain and restore strength and balance with non-surgical treatments such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise. PT helps those in recovery from trauma but also helps improve long-term conditions.
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational therapy encourages rehabilitation through the performance of activities required in daily life. OT helps those recovering from physical or mental illness, injury, disability or other health conditions.
Speech Therapy (ST)
Speech therapy helps improve language comprehension, speaking ability and safe swallowing techniques.
Respiratory Therapy (RT)
Respiratory Therapy works with disorders or trauma affecting the cardiopulmonary system. Respiratory therapists work with medical equipment such as ventilators or other artificial airway devices for those who cannot breathe on their own. The ongoing monitoring and care of our RT program helps patients maintain healthier lives.
Infusion Therapy or IV Therapy
Infusion therapy is the administration of liquid medications or nutritional supplements intravenously.
Chronic, non-healing wounds can cause a host of health issues. Our wound care team works with physicians to treat and prevent chronic wounds.
We are proud to partner with leading therapy organizations to provide specialized rehabilitation care. Learn more about our Rehabilitation Therapy.
Contact us to learn more about rehabilitation services
Memory Care Unit
Our facility offers a memory care unit for patients suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Dementia is the general term used to describe a set of symptoms that affect intellectual and social abilities, such as memory, problem solving and communication. Symptoms and progression of dementia differ greatly from person to person so we work closely with medical professionals and the family to determine which treatments and care options will best meet the needs of each resident. We focus on individualized attention in a home-like setting to give the best quality of life possible. Our secure environment supports independence as well as the safety and well-being of our residents.
Contact us to learn more about memory care services
Respite care is designed to offer short-term relief to caregivers who need a temporary break in order to allow needed time for rest, vacation, or time to deal with a family emergency. A resident with skilled medical needs can be admitted from home for short-term respite services not to exceed 30 calendar days per quarter. A break of at least 30 days is required between stays of 15 or more consecutive days of respite care. At the time of admission, there must be an expressed intention of returning home by the end of the approved time period. Our social services department will be happy to give you more detailed information, please contact us to discuss your needs.
Contact us to learn more about respite care
Hospice services are available to residents who are facing life-threatening disease, cannot benefit from curative treatments, and have a life expectancy of less than six months if the illness follows its normal course. The focus of care in hospice is symptom management, comfort, and the resolution end-of-life issues. Hospice services include: Medicaid nursing care, personal care, homemaker services, social work services, grief and other counseling services, volunteer assistance, spiritual care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and a registered dietician.
Contact us to learn more about hospice care