Skilled Nursing Care
Skilled nursing care provides custodial and skilled nursing care 24/7. We offer both long and short-term care for medically fragile children and young adults. Skilled Nursing Care offer services ranging from short-term rehabilitative care to long term extended care. Services can be grouped into these general care categories:
- Medical care includes working with physicians to oversee medications, examinations and treatments.
- Nursing care includes assessment, treatments, injections, and administration of medications.
- Rehabilitative care services for neurological disorders, congenital birth anomalies, orthopedic care, or various types of therapy, e.g. respiratory (including vent and tracheostomy care), physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Read more about our Rehabilitative Services
- Personal care offers assistance with “activities of daily living.” These daily tasks can include help getting out of bed, bathing, using the toilet, dressing, walking or eating.
Skilled nursing care is able to address the special needs of
- BPD (Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chromosomal disorders
- Complex seizure disorders
- Craniofacial anomalies
- Critical airway (tracheotomy)
- Degenerative diseases
- G-tubes, J-tubes, NG Tubes
- Infusion Therapies
- IV therapy including Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- Mechanical ventilator dependency
- Near drowning
- Neurological impairments
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Orthopedic anomalies and conditions
- Terminal illnesses
- Traumatic brain injury
- Wound care needs
Skilled nursing care facilities, commonly referred to as “nursing homes,” are licensed health care facilities that are inspected and regulated by the State Department of Health.
Contact us to learn more about skilled nursing care
Rehabilitation Services including PT, OT, ST, RT, Infusion therapy, and Wound Care
Rehabilitation services are specialized health care therapies dedicated to improving, maintaining or restoring physical strength, cognition, and mobility. These services are always delivered by a diverse team of experts and play a critical role in healing, repair and recovery in a wide range of injuries, illnesses and conditions. Rehabilitation helps people gain greater independence. We offer rehab services on a short and long term basis.
- Short Term Rehab: Designed for the child or young adult who has been discharged from the hospital but isn’t quite ready to return home. These services help patients regain health and return to a normal routine. Our short term rehab program is customized for each patient and includes a full range of rehabilitative therapies in an intense, accelerated schedule with two or more therapy sessions each day.
- Long Term Rehab: Focused on helping to restore abilities in children with more complex needs. These services help children practice and learn or relearn important skills such as walking, range of motion and overall strengthening. Our long term rehab program is customized to allow each child to progress at his or her own pace and includes a full range of rehabilitative and restorative therapies.
Our rehabilitation therapy plans are tailored to the unique needs of each child and may include
Physical Therapy (PT)
Physical therapy works to relieve pain and restore functionality with non-surgical treatments such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise. PT helps those in recovery from trauma but also helps improve long-term conditions.
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational therapy encourages rehabilitation through the performance of activities required in daily life. OT helps those recovering from physical or mental illness, injury, disability or other health conditions.
Speech Therapy (ST)
Speech therapy helps improve language comprehension, speaking ability and confidence.
Respiratory Therapy (RT)
Respiratory Therapy works with disorders or trauma affecting the cardiopulmonary system. Respiratory therapists work with medical equipment such as ventilators or other artificial airway devices for those who cannot breathe on their own. The ongoing monitoring and care of our RT program helps patients maintain healthier lives.
Infusion Therapy or IV Therapy
Infusion therapy is the administration of liquid medications or nutritional supplements intravenously.
Chronic, non-healing wounds can cause a host of health issues. Our wound care team works with physicians to treat and prevent chronic wounds.
We are proud to partner with leading therapy organizations to provide specialized rehabilitation care. Learn more about our Rehabilitation Therapy.
Contact us to learn more about rehabilitation services
Respite care is designed to offer short-term relief to caregivers who need a temporary break in order to allow needed time for rest, vacation, or time to deal with a family emergency. A child or young adult with skilled medical needs can be admitted from home for short-term respite services not to exceed 30 calendar days per quarter. A break of at least 30 days is required between stays of 15 or more consecutive days of respite care. At the time of admission, there must be an expressed intention of returning home by the end of the approved time period.
Contact us to learn more about Respite care
Hospice services are available to residents who are facing life-threatening disease, cannot benefit from curative treatments, and have a life expectancy of less than six months if the illness follows its normal course. The focus of care then shifts to symptom management, comfort and the resolution end-of-life issues. Hospice services include: Medicaid nursing care, personal care, homemaker services, social work services, grief and other counseling services, volunteer assistance, spiritual care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and a registered dietician.
Contact us to learn more about Hospice care